Welcome to Prince Garrett’s Free Stuff page. This is the part of the website where – you guessed it; you get free stuff.
Check this page often to receive PG’s “giveaways” books, music, and other gifts.
This week PG is giving away a free Audiobook of “The Beautiful Book of Possibilities” Click here to to
Going Places with AudioBooks – Go to the land of Possibilities it FREE!
AUDIOBOOKS COUPLED WITH BOOKS can be a fun and exciting way to get your child into the love of reading. The benefits of audiobooks can be used to:
- Introduce students to books above their reading level
- Model good interpretive reading
- Teach critical listening
- Highlight the humor in books
- Introduce new genres that students might not otherwise consider
- Introduce new vocabulary or difficult proper names or locales
- Provide a read-aloud model
- Provide a bridge to important topics of discussion for parents and children who can listen together while commuting to sporting events, music lessons, or on vacations
- Recapture “the essence and the delights of hearing stories beautifully told by extraordinarily talented storytellers”
- Additionally, many audiobooks are read by the author
Audiobooks are not always easy to find – Prince Garrett’s multimedia series vision is to meet your child through their experiences. Here are a few quick tips to get your child started with audiobook.
- Elevate the reading experience. This can be done by having the physical book available with the audio book. You can purchase “The Beautiful Book of Possibilities” here.
- Sit with your child and read with the audiobook. This reinforces the joy of reading. This also provides quality time with your child.
- Repeat this process. Children need consistency. This also builds reading confidence. They will feel confident as they become more familiar with the material. It will increase the chances that s/he will want to read the book by themselves.
- Have your child read to his/her toys or pet. Now that you have spent time reading with your child, ask them to pay-it-forward and read to their favorite toy or family pet. Help them set up the environment. Position the pet/toys; give them the book and press play on the audiobook.
Follow these steps and you will grow their reading experience – and watch your little reader blossom!